David Hanson has significant experience representing clients in complex litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Weathington McGrew, Mr. Hanson was an associate at Kilpatrick Townsend, where he represented numerous software and technology companies in litigation disputes. Mr. Hanson has significant experience representing clients in emergency proceedings involving trade secret misappropriation, cases involving breaches of restrictive covenants, and state and federal cases involving unfair and deceptive trade practices.
After law school, Mr. Hanson worked pro bono for one year at the Southern Environmental Law Center, representing environmental non-profit organizations in litigation arising under the Clean Water Act. While at SELC, Mr. Hanson gained significant trial and deposition experience, including managing fact witness presentation and expert witness cross examination in a week-long bench trial.
Mr. Hanson is a skilled advocate, earning best advocate and best oralist awards at national trial advocacy and moot court competitions during law school. Mr. Hanson was named a 2017 Rising Star as ranked by Georgia Super Lawyer Magazine. David was selected for his excellence in Business Litigation.
Mr. Hanson and his wife Meagan live in Brookhaven.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Trade Secret Disputes
- Restrictive Covenant Disputes
- Privacy and Data Security
- Commercial and Business related litigation
- Appellate Practice
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia, 2009
- University of Alabama, J.D., 2009
- Rhodes College, B.A., 2006
- Georgia Bar Association, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA), Member
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses 37th Annual Congress, 2017, Featured Speaker
- ICLE, Medical Malpractice Conference, 2017, Featured Speaker