Jesse Broocker combines top-tier legal training with an exemplary commitment to client concerns. Jesse graduated from Emory University law school with honors in 2008. While at Emory, Jesse was an Articles Editor for Emory Law Review. As part of his legal training, Jesse completed an intensive advanced trial training program where he achieved a full defense verdict as solo defense counsel in a medical malpractice action in front of a sitting DeKalb County judge and a live jury.
Jesse has extensive experience handling a broad array of litigation matters from intake to resolution at both the state court and federal court level, including appeals and mediation/settlement. For the first four years of his practice, Jesse practiced law with a leading AMLAW 100 law firm in Atlanta, Georgia in the firm’s litigation and trial practice and products liability groups. As an associate with that respected law firm, Jesse gained experience in white collar defense work (both criminal and civil), health care litigation, insurance defense, class action defense, and products liability defense. Jesse also has a background in the real estate litigation practice area, handling title insurance claims and litigation on behalf of title insurance companies and their insured as lead associate involving real property, mortgage fraud, title defects.
Jesse brings to his representation of physicians and other medical providers a motivation that is personal: A number of his own family members are active or retired medical professionals, including his father who was Chief of Service of Ophthalmology at Grady Memorial Hospital for over twenty years, his father-in-law who is an orthopaedic surgeon, his mother-in-law who is a dermatologist, an uncle who is OB/GYN, and his brother-in-law who is in his residency for gastroenterology.
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Commercial Litigation
Bar & court admissions
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. (With Honors), 2008
- Emory University, B.A. (Dean’s List), 2005
- Georgia Bar Association, member
- Resurgens Orthopaedics, featured speaker, 2017
- Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Management (GSHRM), member
- ED Legal Letter, quoted as expert in many past issues
- Daily Report, published article, 3/2018
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, (2018)
- Defense of physicians, nurses, and other medical providers at two Atlanta-based hospitals
- Defense of orthopedic surgeons at Atlanta-based orthopedic group
- Extensive defense of emergency medicine physicians practicing throughout Georgia
- Defense of physicians and nurses in a variety of other specialties including general surgery, spine surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, anesthesiology, cardiology, critical care, gastroenterology, pediatrics, neurology, and more
- Appellate counsel for numerous defense clients with several published appellate decisions
- Represented physicians and other healthcare providers in peer-review proceedings and in hearings before the Composite State Board of Medical Examiner